More and more people are encouraged to sell online and start a successful business online. Despite being one of the most interesting business options today, business online They require a series of requirements in order to be carried out legally and optimally. In addition, it is necessary to know some important aspects to be able to sell online and achieve maximum benefits.
When it comes to doing business online, it is essential to have support like the one we offer at Euroteide Insurance.
We offer the best insurance advice so you can start business online under an environment of maximum trust and security. This way you can achieve the best results.
Requirements to sell online
Internet sales are a great business alternative today because mobile phones and the Internet have become common tools we use to make purchases and contracts.
If you want to start a business online You must meet a series of requirements to do so within a legal framework:
- High social security. Whether you create a company or if you are self-employed, you must register with the appropriate Social Security system.
- High in the Treasury. To be able to sell online and generate invoices, it is necessary to register with the Tax Agency.
- Comply with data protection laws. In order to do business with a E-commerce It is essential to comply with the Spanish Organic Law on Data Protection (LOPD) and with the European Data Protection Regulation (RGPD).
- Create a store online. With tools like PrestaShop or WooCommerce you can create a professional store in a short time and without a large financial investment.
- Bank account. for payments online It is necessary to have a bank account and implement secure payment gateways in the e-commerce.
How to sell online to your customers safely
Let's see a series of interesting recommendations on how to sell through the internet.
Keep web technologies up to date
The different technologies and platforms used in the creation of the store online must remain up-to-date to increase the level of security. These latest versions always include patches to fix vulnerabilities that are used by cybercriminals, in addition to implementing new measures to improve performance and cybersecurity.
Among the different technologies that must remain updated we have: PHP, MySQL, CMS (such as WordPress or PrestaShop), and plugins, plugins and CMS templates, among others.
Implement secure payment gateways
To sell online, it is key to provide the necessary means for users to pay for their purchases. The Secure payment gateways are the best environment for customers to confidently enter their payment details and thus finalize the purchase process.
A good payment gateway for a E-commerce It will reduce the number of abandoned carts considerably.
Take out business insurance
Having insurance is essential to be able to sell online to your customers with the highest level of protection. For example, with a good cyber risk insurance the business is protected from typical cyber attacks that can compromise the security of web platforms, computer systems and purchasing processes online.
This type of insurance guarantees many important aspects, such as:
- Protection against third party claims.
- Coverage against data loss.
- Security incident management.
Have a high level of cybersecurity
A E-commerce the business online it is certain, better results will be obtained, both in sales and visibility, as well as in customer loyalty and image.
- SSL/TLS Certificate. These security certificates encrypt all the information that is exchanged over the internet, in a way that guarantees its privacy and integrity.
- HTTPS protocol. The secure internet protocol is essential to give users reliability when it comes to sharing their payment or bank details when they make a purchase online.
- Filter anti-spam. El spam is one of the biggestblemishes” of the internet that can ruin a store online easily, so it is necessary to apply appropriate measures to avoid it.
Convey confidence to the client
To successfully sell products online, it is important to project confidence in potential customers, something that can be achieved in different ways.
- Provide contact information. A virtual store will be much more reliable and secure for customers if it shows information about it and provides different ways to get in touch (phone, email, chatbot, web form, social networks...).
- Provide valuable information in the product sheets. Providing a large amount of information about the items and preparing a good product sheet will give customers more information to make the purchase decision. Users accessing a portal online of sales that offers optimized product sheets feel more comfortable and confident, making it easier for them to end up purchasing one of their items.
Set up a tent online or a business to sell online is a great alternative to generate income or to improve the sales of a company. To be able to do it successfully, it is necessary to mount a E-commerce under appropriate security conditions and thus offer maximum protection, both to customers and to the company itself.
If you are looking for the best insurance advice for your E-commerce the business courses en Euroteide Insurance We offer you our professional services.
We are a company with extensive experience in the sector and we will give you a personalized treatment to be able to know what your real needs are, and thus offer you the service that best suits them.