How to act in case of an accident?
Depending on the type of incident occurred, the necessary actions must be taken to minimize the consequences and economic damages that may arise from it. Below we provide a series of recommendations and guidelines to proceed in each case.
In the event of a collision with another vehicle, in which the two parties agree on the events that occurred in the accident, we recommend that you fill in the Accident Friendly Declaration (DAA). It is of utmost importance to correctly fill in all the data of the DAA including a small diagram of the situation of the vehicles at the time of the accident.
In case you do not agree on the succession of the accident, we advise you to call the competent authorities to carry out the corresponding certificate, regardless, we recommend you collect the main data of the opponent (Personal data, registration number, policy number and opposing company ). If you have a mobile phone with you before moving the cars from the accident site, make a photo report.
Before calling, it is necessary to locate the data of the Policyholder and the number, as these data will be necessary to request the corresponding service.
Once the expert has given you the go-ahead, present the appropriate invoices and account number for subsequent payment of the compensation.
Claims in the Leisure, Free Time, Active Tourism and Rural Tourism Sector
Accident Insurance - Participants
Below we attach a series of guidelines and recommendations to follow in the event of an accident:
- Provide immediate assistance to the injured person and, if it is necessary to transfer him to the nearest healthcare center, this must be done in the most suitable means, depending on the severity and / or urgency required.
- In case of transfer, provide the hospital center with the Social Security or Mutual Assistance card of the injured person, or their number.
- When the injured person does not have Social Security or Mutual Assistance coverage, or for any reason other than the first, the insurance policy must then be used, providing the name of the insurance company and the number of the policy. Providing the name of the company and the policy number should be enough to avoid having to pay for the assistance received; the centre will deal directly with the company, if necessary, to collect the invoices.
- When a health center does not admit any type of insurance and requires the immediate collection of invoices for the assistance provided, they must make them effective and ask for the bills to be delivered, which can be sent to the company and / or sent to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org o Fax to No. 922 75 28 31, together with the report of the healthcare center and the detailed list of all the participants in the activities carried out on the day of the accident, which should include the injured person, which we would also send to the company for processing.
- If the accident that has occurred is considered to be serious, or that it may have other important consequences, of any kind, regardless of the fact that the injured person has already been treated by the hospital, which in these cases we recommend should be one of the network of Social Security centres, they should communicate this as soon as possible to the company or to our Office, within the 7 days established by Law, in case more serious claims or consequences may arise in the future (partial or total disability or accidental death).
Below we attach a series of guidelines and recommendations to follow in case of civil liability claims:
- Regarding possible requests for company data and number of policy that interested persons outside the organization could request to the holder of a Civil Liability insurance, we recommend not to immediately provide such data without justification. The process to be followed in these cases would be to contact us, who will decide and inform you in each case of the steps to be followed and / or in writing, who will forward your letter to the company, informing you of the facts.
- In the case of the occurrence of a serious accident that due to its characteristics of gravity or magnitude could be presumed to derive mediate claims, making as soon as possible within the terms that mark the Law of Insurance Contracts, commented on previously, except in the cases of extreme gravity, such as death, disability, force majeure or important material damage, which must be communicated within 48 hours following the event, all this in anticipation that a possible claim from the affected third parties could be received, without waiting to receive a claim, which must always be in writing.
- When it comes to other circumstances that do not reverse seriousness and for which we do not consider ourselves responsible, the time to communicate it would be, if the case arises, when a claim is received, which must always be in writing, which should be transferred to our office , reporting what happened and / or the company. In any case, when a third party who considers himself affected is seeking a claim, it is recommended to receive the documentation but without accepting any responsibility for the facts and damages claimed from the outset, indicating at that time to the claimant that he has insurance and his claim will be forwarded to the insurance company, who at her turn, will act accordingly.
In case of consortial damage, in addition to the vouchers, a complete copy of the contract, the receipt and the meteorological certificates must be available to the expert from the nearest town hall or meteorological center.
Download Accident Friendly Declaration